Paul rejoiced with the Colossians because they were “firmly rooted in Christ Jesus the Lord.” They were “being built up in Him and established in their faith…and overflowing with gratitude.” Col. 2:6-7
As seekers of God’s truth and believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, we adults at Greenville Alliance have several opportunities to help us to follow the Colossians’ example. We hope the information below will encourage you to meet with those of like interest in your pursuit to grow in Christ.
New Sunday School opportunities vary in topic and in length. Feel free to move as the Lord leads you.
Current Adult Sunday School Classes – 9:30 a.m.
- Vicorrious Living: Fellowship Hall, A study of Joseph – Led by Pastor Jerry
- Hebrews: Church Library – Led by Matt Kokoski
- The Book of John: Christian Education Center classroom, Led by Bill & Kathleen Sorg
- 1 Corinthians: Christian Education Center Commons, Dave Shaffer & Bruce Tyson
Greenville Alliance Women
Our goals are:
- Prayer ~ To enlist every fully devoted Christ follower of all generation in effective fervent prayer.
- Missions ~ To engage in reaching the lost and persue active global involvement
- Outreach ~ To encourage Christ followers to seek an intimate relationship with Him through intentional spiritual formation and to share it with others.
We have many service projects for you to participate in such as saving…
- Campbell Labels ~ for school equipment for our TCK schools – this project ends May, 2017
- Used all-occasion cards ~ for International Workers in Latin America
- Used eyeglasses ~ for use in the Dominican Republic
- Pill Bottles ~ for use in hospital in Gabon
- Cancelled stamps ~ proceeds of the sale of used stamps go for Sunday School literature in Latin America
2015-2017 National Project, “GPS-God’s Positioning System” ~ which provides money to support key initiatives for ‘diaspora peoples’ to hear the gospel of Christ.
“God uses us to spread His knowledge everywhere like a sweet smelling perfume. Our offering to God is this: We are the sweet smell of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are lost.”
~ II Corinthians 2:14b-15
The ‘Greenville Alliance Women’, local group of the C&MA National Great Commission Women, meets the first Tuesday evening of each month for a time of fellowship with a missions emphasis. This meeting begins at 7:00 PM, meeting in the Fellowship Hall, and has a variety of informative and interesting programs. Come join us!
We also meet each Tuesday morning of each month (except for the first Tuesday morning) for a time of prayer for our International Workers and church family. This meeting begins at 9:30 AM.
Evening Meetings Scheduled for 2017
- January – No evening meeting
- February – No evening meeting
- March 7th
- April 4th
- Mother/Daughter Banquet
- June 6th
- July – No evening meeting
- No evening meeting – GAW Rally at Edinboro Camp
- September 5th
- October 3rd
- November 7th
- December 5th
- Christmas Celebration
Senior Adult Ministry
Senior Adult Ministry – is a ministry of joyful times of fellowship that meets in the Fellowship Hall for luncheons on the second Thursday of each monthwith a variety of programs – educational and entertaining.
Everyone 55 and older is invited and encouraged to attend for great times.
Questions about Senior Adult Ministry can be directed to Pastor Jerry or Lois Hunter
Prime Time (20’s, 30’s, 40’s)
Adults in their 20s – 40s have a place to connect. At Greenville Alliance Church, there are plenty of opportunities for spiritual, emotional, and physical growth for adults in this age group.
Young adults and young couples need a place to feel a sense of belonging and to live the intensity of their life with people who understand their current situation. A unique opportunity to build community face to face, no internet connection required, is being offered to our adults who are in the PrimeTime of their life. So if you find yourself in this category, why not come, why not belong?
The goal is to provide a variety of low-no cost events and growth opportunities for adults and young families.
Singles, Couples, Married people, men and women in their 20s through 40s are invited to come and belong to the activities, small groups, bible studies and events. Child care is available when noted. Events that are “kid-friendly” will be labeled that way.
If you have any questions about any events, please contact Jeff and Melissa Villard or Ben and Jill Winklevoss.
- Pinterest for the Soul — Create a project from the Pinterest website and study the Armor of God – Lead by Annie Ball
- When: 2nd and 4th Sundays
- Time: 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Fellowship Hall
- Nursery is available! Make a craft from the Pinterest website and then share in a Bible study with the other Ladies.
- Led by Dale Shearer and Ben Winklevoss
- When: Thursdays
- Time: 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Pastor Nathan’s Office
- You & Me Forever, Marriage in the Light of Eternity. — Meet in Alliance Life Center Gym, Leaders: Bryan & Tracy Mohr. (PrimeTime is for those in their 20’s-40’s, married or single, kids or no kids)
- Jonah — As of June 18, 2017
Friday, June 30th Primetime will be having a family event! Everyone loves a treat! We will be meeting at You’ll Scream for gelato and socializing at 6:30 pm. So load up the kids and meet us there!
Saturday, August 5th is our annual Prime Time family picnic at Pymatuning. Come for a swim, food, and fun. The fun begins at 3:30 and ends when they kick us out! Hotdogs, buns, and drink will be provided. You are asked to bring a dish to share. We will be at the LARGE beach at the far end of the park. Look for the guys with the grill!
Trip to Iron Mills- details coming…
This month Primetime date night will be at El Vallarta in Hermitage located in the old Chi Chi’s building. Join us on Friday, June 16th at 6:30 for some food, fun, and fellowship.
Come out and join us for date night on Friday, July 14th at 6:30 pm at the gallery Grill in Greenville. The plan is to meet in the downstairs restaurant area and maybe eat on the patio! See you there!
Come out and enjoy the outdoor atmosphere at Lago Winery for Primetime date night. We will be meeting at 6:30 pm on August 18th. See you there!
Family Bonfire at Stacy Millers home, more info found on facebook page.
Who wants wings? Come out and join us for date night! We are meeting on Saturday, October 21st at 6:30 at Quaker Steak in Sharon. See you there!
Being in a Small Group is an excellent and fun way to share and grow in the Word of God while developing friendships and fellowship with others. It also provides you with an opportunity to invite those who are not attending a church but have an interest in knowing more about God.
Your group not on this list? Have a suggestion for another Small Group meeting not listed here? Contact Tom or Kathi Parker at 724-932-3192, or the church office at 724-588-716.
Small Groups Schedule
|Group Name||For||Activity||Meeting Time & Place||Contact Person|
|Becoming Women of the Word||Women||Message of Grace||Every other Tuesday 2:30-4pm in the CEC||Kathleen Sorg, 724-588-2579|
|Ladies L.I.F.T.||Women||“Lies Woman Believe and the Truth that sets Them Free”||
7 PM 1st & 3rd Wednesdays
| Kitty Fenton
|Tues. PM Women’s Group||Women||I Corinthians||
Every other Tues. 6:30
@ St. Pauls
| Susan Richards
|Thurs. AM Bible Study||Men & Women||“A Clash of Kingdoms: Paul Proclaims Jesus is Lord” by Ray Vanderlaan||
10am Coffee 10:45am study begins
|Pastor Jerry Hunter
|Pinterest for the Soul||Women
(20 to 49ish)
|Work on Pinterest Project together along with Bible Study and fellowship.||Usually 2nd & 4th Sun.
Check bulletin for dates
|Jessica Phillips 440-645-7622|
|Men’s Prayer Mtg.||Men||Time for Prayer & Fellowship||Wed. @ 7 AM @ Fresh Grounds||Bill Sorg
|Thursday Evening Meeting||Men||Fellowship & Service||Meets Thursdays 6:30 – 7:30pm Call Ben to confirm meeting.||Ben Wimklevoss, 724-866-4551|