Paul rejoiced with the Colossians because they were “firmly rooted in Christ Jesus the Lord.” They were “being built up in Him and established in their faith…and overflowing with gratitude.” Col. 2:6-7
As seekers of God’s truth and believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, we adults at Greenville Alliance have several opportunities to help us to follow the Colossians’ example. We hope the information below will encourage you to meet with those of like interest in your pursuit to grow in Christ.
New Sunday School opportunities vary in topic and in length. Feel free to move as the Lord leads you.
Adult Sunday School and Other Ministries
- Face coverings are encouraged when social distancing is not possible in the classroom.
- As you enter the classroom, stop and sanitize hands.
- Attendance will be taken by name.
- Please sanitize hands again as you leave class.
Current Adult Sunday School Classes – Starting this fall
Please Call the office to sign up.
FIRST AND SECOND THESSALONIANS
Paul wrote these letters shortly after his visit to the church of Thessalonica to encourage and comfort the believers with the hope or resurrection and the challenge to be ready for the return of Christ at any moment. Paul placed an emphasis on how to prepare for the “Second Coming” and provided insight into the end times.
This study provides everyone with a study guide that will provide a focus for each lesson. Topics will include:
- The work of faith with power
- God’s work in you who believes
- The second coming of Christ
- The end times
- The wrath of God and judgement
- The day of the Lord
- Standing firm in the Lord
- Standing firm in the faith
- Be worthy of your calling
- persecution and suffering
For those who are not attending Sunday school, you may request the study guide for use at home. Contact the church and a study guide will be made available for your use.
Location: Christian Education Center, Commons
Facilitator: Dave Shaffer
Begins: September 6 and runs until the end of December 2020
A LOOK INTO GOD’S PLAN AS REVEALED IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION
This is a 26 week lesson, verse by verse study of Revelation, in which you will be able to find yourself and our church in one of the seven churches. Through John’s eyes we will take on of the most fascinating journeys in the Bible. Some studies will be:
- Getting the most from this study
- When life is tough
- Rekindling your spiritual life
- Letting god do extraordinary things through the ordinary you
- What will Heaven be like?
There will be worksheets for each lesson as well as time for discussion.
Location: Fellowship Hall
Teacher: Pastor Jerry Hunter
Begins: September 6
FIRST AND SECOND PETER
We began this study in January and had completed Chapters 1 and 2. When we begin again, we will review those two chapters and then continue our verse by verse discussion of Chapters 3-5.
When Peter wrote these letters, the church was beginning to experience persecution. Peter’s first letter offers words of hop, a call to holiness and and explanation of the role that suffering plays in a Christian’s life. In 2 Peter, he warns of the other dangers: false teachers and failure to remain committed to Christ.
Location: Christian Education Center, Classroom 1
Facilitators: Bill and Kathleen Sorg
Begins: September 6
Greenville Alliance Women
Our goals are:
- Prayer ~ To enlist every fully devoted Christ follower of all generation in effective fervent prayer.
- Missions ~ To engage in reaching the lost and persue active global involvement
- Outreach ~ To encourage Christ followers to seek an intimate relationship with Him through intentional spiritual formation and to share it with others.
We have many service projects for you to participate in such as saving…
- Used all-occasion cards ~ for International Workers in Latin America
- Used eyeglasses ~ for use in the Dominican Republic
- Cancelled stamps ~ proceeds of the sale of used stamps go for Sunday School literature in Latin America
“God uses us to spread His knowledge everywhere like a sweet smelling perfume. Our offering to God is this: We are the sweet smell of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are lost.”
~ II Corinthians 2:14b-15
Regularly scheduled meetings are suspended at this time.
Thursday Senior Ministry
Senior Adult Ministry – is a ministry of joyful times of fellowship that meets in the Fellowship Hall for bible study on Thursday at 10 am.
Everyone 50 and older is invited and encouraged to attend for great times.
Questions about Senior Adult Ministry can be directed to Pastor Jerry or Lois Hunter
Being in a Small Group is an excellent and fun way to share and grow in the Word of God while developing friendships and fellowship with others. It also provides you with an opportunity to invite those who are not attending a church but have an interest in knowing more about God.
Your group not on this list? Have a suggestion for another Small Group meeting not listed here? Contact Tom or Kathi Parker at 724-932-3192, or the church office at 724-588-7167.
Small Groups Schedule – Currently suspended to start soon