Please complete the form below to let us know if your children plan to attend Sunday church
At the Greenville Alliance Church, we believe strongly in God’s amazing power to transform lives. We believe that transformation is a life-long process as we learn to obey Him, serve Him and ultimately love Him. In Children’s Ministry, we strive to teach children how to allow Christ to begin working that transformation in each area of life, providing a strong foundation upon which a child can build a life-time of growth.
We have a variety of ministries, just as we have a variety of children with varied interests and gifts. Our goal is to meet your child where he or she is, embracing their unique characters. To reach that goal, we strive to have ministries through sports, song, drama, learning, games, and much more. We believe each child is both special and important. We strive to meet the needs of the children individually as well as families as a whole.
In Children’s Ministry, we aim for your child to learn and grow in a fun, but safe atmosphere. Our facilities are equipped for safety, our volunteers have background checks and clearances, our staff is CPR/ First Aid and AED certified. We love your children and it shows!
2 Corinthians 5:17—”Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, a new creation has come. The old has gone, the new has come!”
Children’s Ministry Covid update
The following procedure will be followed for all children attending and volunteer staff during Sunday School and all other children’s activities.
- Face coverings (masks/shield) will be required for all children unless they are seated in their social distanced classroom. Face coverings (masks/shield) will be required for all parents and volunteer staff to be in place before entering the Children’s Ministry area (before coming down stairs) and continued to be worn until leaving the Children’s Ministry area unless a medical reason prevents one from wearing a face covering.
- During the check in process:
- The parent will be asked if their child has any signs of sickness, (Fever, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath). If a child is found to have any signs of sickness they will be asked not to attend until signs are gone for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Parents will also provide the location of the Sunday School class they are attending in case they need to be contacted.
- All children and volunteer staff will have temperature taken and recorded as a way to ensure the health and safety of all involved in the Children’s Ministry. If temperature is found to be higher than 100.3o, the individual will be asked to return home.
- Each child will go directly to their classroom after check in. There will be no large group teaching, activities or worship. Everything will be done within their classroom.
- Upon entering the classroom, all children and volunteer staff will sanitize hands using the dispenser located just inside each classroom.
- While in the classroom, all volunteer staff will wear a face covering. They will also maintain a distance of six feet from each other if at all possible. Hand holding, hugging, fist bumps, high fives or any other physical contact between children or adults and children is to be restricted to siblings or parents with their own children.
- Children will not share common items to participate in crafts, activities or teaching illustrations. Ex. Crayons, Markers, Balls, Instruments.
- Children will be given individual “craft boxes” that contain “their own” basic craft supplies (markers, crayons, scissors, glue, etc.). Their names will be placed on each container for identification of their supplies to use for any craft.
- After class, these containers will be placed in the “Needs Cleaned” container for the cleaning crew to sanitize the outside of each individual container used that week.
- If any of those items or any other supplies that are reusable are touched by anyone or in any way during a class they must be left in a “Needs Cleaned” container. Those items left in the “Needs Cleaned” container will be disinfected and returned to the “Ready To Use” container.
- If a child shows any sign of sickness during Sunday School, they will be removed from their classroom and the person who checked them in will be asked to take the child home. The class assistant will sit with the child in the Children’s Ministry office until the Hall Monitor returns with their parent.
- Parents pickup their child by returning to the Children’s Ministry Area and waiting in line 6 feet from each other. Their children will be brought to them one family at a time.
- Parents are asked to not linger in the Children’s Ministry Area to help with the flow of traffic. During nice weather exiting will be possible out the doors off of the Children’s Ministry lobby.
- The Nursery will not be open for use at this time due to COVID-19 safety concerns. Changing stations are available in lobby restrooms.
We have partnered with Orange to provide resources you may use, as a parent or grandparent, to minister to your kids at home. They call this “Sunday at Home” and you can find those resources HERE. Every week that page will be updated to provide the latest materials for you to use.
Nothing can replace meeting together in person. Until we are able to meet in person, we have partnered with Parent Que to provide weekly resources that will provide an online option for you and your families to stay consistent, even if COVID-19 is preventing our Kids ministry from meeting in our church building. We believe this is not a long term solution but also believe online platforms can be effective in the short-term to serve you and your families.
These weekly video presentations go along with our new Kids ministry strategy called First Look for babies up to PreK and 252 Kids that is broken into two groups, children K-3rd and preteen which is 4-5th grade. Each week we will provide updated content that will include, Parent Guides for Story and Worship Experiences, fun activities and discussion prompts. Families will be able to review the video presentations and talk about what to do with what they’ve learned. We will also provide Elementary God Time Cards that are devotionals kids can do to reinforce what they learned and Preschool Place Mats that are designed to sit on the table all month long and gives parents easy access to the month’s bottom line as well as questions to ask their kids during a natural time together.
Click on the link below to get this week’s material! (a new window will open) Once on the Sunday At Home page, scroll down a little, click on the box (PreK, Elementary, PreTeen) that represents the age of your child to move to the age appropriate materials.
This link will update every week so you will always have access to the current materials.