Dear Parents / Guardians of Greenville Alliance Youth,
This letter is for parents of Middle and High School students. We want to get some preliminary information in your hands to alleviate questions, fears and doubts about the direction of the student ministries. Rest assured knowing that God’s wisdom and guidance is and will always be sought through prayer and wise council to determine what events, programs, and teachings will be available to your student(s).
The overall goal for the student ministries at Greenville Alliance Church is to build foundations for lifelong discipleship by teaching, modeling, and experiencing what it is to be a true disciple of Jesus Christ. The student ministry will focus on achieving this goal in many different ways, such as, going on mission trips, bible studies, focused prayer, journaling, interpreting scripture and sharing faith with others. This goal is impossible to achieve without your help and the help of many volunteers. We are grateful for the continued support of the current volunteers, your prayers, and the prayers of the church as a whole.
Student Ministry Covid Update
The following procedure will be followed for all students attending and volunteer staff during Sunday School and all other student activities.
- Face coverings will be required for all students, parents and volunteer staff to be in place before entering the Student Ministry Area (ALC Building) and continued to be worn until leaving the Student Ministry Area. Our classroom sizes do not allow for proper social distancing guidelines so face coverings are required unless a medical reason prevents one from wearing a face covering.
- Students will stop upon entrance into the building to sanitize hands before continuing on to the check-in line.
- During the check in process:
- The student will be asked if they have any signs of sickness, (Fever, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath). If a student is found to have any signs of sickness they will be asked not to attend until signs are gone for a minimum of 24 hours.
- All students and volunteer staff will have temperature taken and recorded as a way to ensure the health and safety of all involved in the Student Ministry. If temperature is found to be higher than 100.3o, the individual will be asked to return home.
- Students will then proceed directly to their respective classrooms.
- While in the classroom, all students and volunteer staff will wear a face covering. They will also maintain a distance of six feet from each other if at all possible. Hand holding, hugging, fist bumps, high fives or any other physical contact between students or adults and students is to be restricted to siblings or parents with their own children.
- If any of those items or any other supplies that are reusable are touched by anyone or in any way during a class they must be left in a “Needs Cleaned” container. Those items left in the “Needs Cleaned” container will be disinfected and returned to the “Ready To Use” container.
- If a student shows any sign of sickness during Sunday School, they will be removed from their classroom and their parent or guardian will be asked to take the student home.
- In order to be able to play interactive games such as kickball, all equipment will be sanitized before and after activity. Additionally all children will sanitize hands before and after such activities.
Permission Slips / Event Info
Sunday January 31 from 3-5pm there will be a family fun scavenger hunt. This is a Covid safe social distant even for all ages and all families. It will start and end at the church parking lot. Please make sure to bring your Cell phone.